The school rules were written by the children and are used successfully in school every day to encourage respect, good behaviour and learning.
The rules are:
1. Walk around school.
2. Hold doors open for members of our school community.
3. Talk respectfully to adults and each other and always say please and thank you.
4. Dress smartly, keeping shirts buttoned up and tucked in.
5. Knock on the door of all classrooms.
6. Treat all property respectfully.
7. Keep our hands and feet to ourselves.
8. Be nice to each other.
Our School Day
The school day starts at 8.40am and finishes at 3.10pm. Registration is from 8.40am to 8.50am.
At 10.10am, children in Y1 and Y2 have a break from 10.10am – 10.25am; older children from 10.30am – 10.45am.
Foundation children have break times which are quite flexible. However, they do join children in Key Stage 1 for the set morning and afternoon breaks.
Lunch time begins at 12.00 noon and ends at 1.00pm. All KS1 children plus KS2 school dinners are served at 12.00 with the remaining KS2 children going out to play. These children are then called in to eat their packed lunches at approx. 12.20pm as space in the hall becomes available.
Key Stage 1 children have an afternoon playtime.
Collective Worship (assembly) takes place each morning in school, or in All Saints Church, Eyke on a Tuesday, at 8.50am except on a Friday when a Celebration Assembly is held at 2.30pm for parents and friends to attend.
Click here for more information.